Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Monie's Shrimp Boulettes

"Boulette" is French for ball, and in this case we're talking about Shrimp Boulettes, or Shrimp Balls. This recipe comes right from my grandma, who we affectionately refer to as "Monie". Anyways, Monie's famous Shrimp Boulettes are quite easy. This couyon pulled it off, and so can you.

Monie wrote out the recipe for me a few years ago, and I finally gave it a try. Monie wrote, "About 1 lb. of raw shrimp - two eggs, green onions, parsley, 2 tablespoons of plain flower, salt, and pepper to taste. Coarsely grind shrimp. Add all ingredients. Mix well, deep fry - drop by tablespoon."

That's it! I fired the oil up to about 375 degrees and dropped them in. Delicious treats that reminded me of home. Careful not to over-salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment